Lethbridge Early Years Coalition (LEYC)
Who we are:
The Lethbridge Early Years Coalition (LEYC) is a collaboration of community stakeholders utilizing evidence-based research to:
*Build awareness of the importance of the early years
*Mobilize knowledge about early childhood development
*Promote and advocate for the healthy development of children in their early years.
We are a community working together to ensure all children reach their full potential.
Where we’ve been:
In 2015, Lethbridge Early Years Coalition was built on the success of the ECMap research project during which our community leaders came together to address the strength and needs for early childhood development in our city. Today, with over 45 community partnerships, we continue to build awareness of the importance of the early years, share EDI data, and collaborate to support early childhood development. Our Steering Committee meets monthly to advance the work of LEYC. Our Advisory Council meets twice a year to offer expertise and direction to the work of LEYC. We also have an active Parent Committee that meets monthly.
Where we’re going:
Our biggest strength is our members! LEYC is made up of agencies, organizations and parents from our community that are passionate about seeing all children thrive!
Some of our successes include:
– Digital Play Packs
– LSKIP (Lethbridge Seniors and Kids Intergenerational Program)
– Establishing an Advisory Council made up of upper leadership in our community
– Starting a parent committee who is organizing our annual National Child Day celebration for the City of Lethbridge.
Spearheading the creation and adoption of the Lethbridge Play Charter. The Lethbridge Play Charter has now been translated into 9 languages!
– Free community presentations. on ECD topics for community members, parents, professionals and educators
– Three local versions of the “I Am Ready” booklets created in collaboration with the 2000 Days Network and Lethbridge County.
GET IN TOUCH
Be active in the early years of your child and in the community!Be part of the group of parents, caregivers, professionals who take small steps to be engaged or If you would like to contribute to the Coalition or receive more information, please send us an email. We want to hear your opinion! Get in Touch with Your Local Coalition!