Forty Mile County
Forty Mile ECD
Who we are:
The Forty Mile ECD Coalition is a group of parents, community service providers/ agencies founded in 2009. We come together to provide information and support for the development of children in their early years ( birth to age 6) in the County of Forty Mile region.
The early years (0-6) of human development are an essential priority for the entire community.
The Forty Mile Early Childhood Development Coalition is committed to the following:
– Promote community awareness of the importance of the early years of human development.
– Engaging and supporting our communities so that they may determine and meet the developmental needs of young children and their families.
Our Key Messages:
– As parents we are responsible for our children’s development.
– The whole community plays a key role in children’s development.
– We are all stakeholders in early childhood development.
Where we’ve been:
We provide each community within the County of Forty Mile with information, opportunities and experience to create and promote awareness of the importance of the early years of human development.
– Information sessions, and workshop for parents and families addressing needs in the communities to help provide positive resources for early childhood development.
– Participation in many community events providing families with free family fun activities and play experiences to promote healthy development for all children.
-Strong partnerships with many community agencies and stakeholders to continue to build awareness and understanding of Early Childhood Development and address any needs throughout our community.
– Host of Pop up Play Adventures throughout the Communities with special guests from the UK. We provided different play experience where children can explore, create, imagine and play in their own way.
– Partners with a variety of agencies and business to have Fun Family Evening Events, Stories Times and Baby & Toddler Story Time, Family Skate, Family Swim and Story Time Walks in the communities.
– Co-Host of the Annual Easter Egg Hunts and Activities in our small communities.
– Provide supports for needs of all young children and their families as well as playgroups and dayhomes in the communities.
Where we’re going:
The Forty Mile Early Childhood Development Coalition will create and promote awareness of the importance of the early years and development by engaging and supporting our communities by focusing on the 5 developmental indicators of physical health and well-being ,social competence, emotional maturity, language and thinking skills & communication skills and general knowledge.
We will continue to share information to and from the community on current early childhood assets already in place as well as gaps that should be addressed such as needs and challenges families are facing and help to create positive family environments for children.
We will increase communications around the purpose of the Coalition and increase community and parent participation so we can form a stronger Coalition and heighten the importance of the early years.
We are also excited to increase knowledge of resilience, independence, perseverance and happiness all of which are nurtured through PLAY. As well as increased understanding of the development of children’s executive function & the core brain story by hands on learning through the Alberta Family Wellness Brain Architecture Game. This helps bring awareness and lay the foundations for their children’s future and positive development.
GET IN TOUCH
Be active in the early years of your child and in the community!Be part of the group of parents, caregivers, professionals who take small steps to be engaged or If you would like to contribute to the Coalition or receive more information, please send us an email. We want to hear your opinion! Get in Touch with Your Local Coalition!