North East Edmonton ECD Coalition
Who we are:
Our Mission Statement: We work together using current knowledge to inform, engage, and inspire families and communities to support the development of young children in North East Edmonton.
The North East Edmonton Early Childhood Development Coalition is a dynamic group of community members and service providers from many agencies including education, community services, libraries, schools, health care, community development and child care working together to enhance early childhood development opportunities in Northeast Edmonton. We have representatives from ABC Head Start, the school districts’ early learning programs, dayhome agencies, the public library, the City of Edmonton, Parent Link Centres, and other community organizations.
We welcome people to become involved with the Coalition. We would love to have the rich perspectives and input of a diverse group of people around the table as we seek to build the capacity of NE Edmonton to provide our children with a strong village -one that provides them with the opportunities, experiences and resources that they need in order to thrive.
Where we’ve been:
– Hosting community events and resource fairs for people to connect with each other and the resources that are available
– “National Child Day” events for families to attend with their young children
– Sharing valuable information about early childhood development
– Hosting numerous workshops for parents and professionals who work with young children, including ways to support children’s social and emotional development which is an area of greatest vulnerability identified by the first round of Early Development Instrument (EDI) data collection
connecting with and support the daycare and dayhome providers in NE Edmonton.
– Our Facebook Page as a way of creating a “go-to” place where the Coalition and the community can connect virtually. People can find out about things that are going on in the community, events and workshops, as well as link to tips and research related to early childhood development by going to this Page
Where we’re going:
We are excited about our upcoming efforts connecting with new groups of people. We are planning initiatives to support those who are connected to the foster-care system, and play a key role in the lives of this group of highly vulnerable children. We are looking at ways that we can engage with, and best support, Newcomer families (immigrants and refugees) as they navigate settling into a new country with their young children.
For more information, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
GET IN TOUCH
Be active in the early years of your child and in the community!Be part of the group of parents, caregivers, professionals who take small steps to be engaged or If you would like to contribute to the Coalition or receive more information, please send us an email. We want to hear your opinion! Get in Touch with Your Local Coalition!